> > > To support this feature then first we need to convert the current
> > > feature into returning a dict. And then have this feature using a
> dict
> > > as input.
> >
> > Is there already a specification/draft of the format of this dict? If
> not, I would be tempted to use the 27.007 +CPBR/W field names as keys
> (e.g. index, number, type, text, adnumber, secondtext, sip_uri, etc.)
>
> there is not. So you need to propose one here.

For simplicity, I would propose that both import and export would use an array
of dict's with the 27.007 keys:

index: type=integer, import=always export=ignored
number: type=string, import=always/empty export=optional/empty
type: type=integer, import=always export=mandatory
text: type=string, import=always/empty export=optional/empty
hidden: type=int, import=always, export=optional/default=0
group: type=string, import=if nonempty, export=optional
adnumber: type=string, import=if nonempty, export=optional
adtype: type=integer, import/export=mandatory if adnumber nonempty
secondtext: type=string, import=if nonempty, export=optional
email: type=string, import=if nonempty, export=optional
sip_uri: type=string, import=if nonempty, export=optional
tel_uri: type=string, import=if nonempty, export=optional

Either 'text' or 'number' must be nonempty on export.

This simple scheme would also necessitate removing the contact merging from the
import functionality. Would that be ok?

Otherwise the dict would have to contain a list of number structures instead of
number/adnumber fields, and merging/unmerging would have to be (re)implemented
for both import and export.

Jaakko

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki