Hi Marcel,

On 12/22/2010 05:41 AM, ext Marcel Holtmann wrote:
Hi Lei,

  Makefile.am               |   10 ++
  plugins/cdmaphonesim.c    |  328 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  plugins/cdmaphonesim.conf |   14 ++
  create mode 100644 plugins/cdmaphonesim.c
  create mode 100644 plugins/cdmaphonesim.conf

do we really want to do it this way? I am not so sure that this is the
best way.

I would prefer to just have one /etc/ofono/phonesim.conf configuration
file. And maybe we need to start splitting phonesim plugin into a view
pieces and move it to its own directory. It then could also contain its
own atom driver implementations there.

So my main concern here is really that phonesim support is just for
engineering. It has nothing to do with real production hardware. And I
don't wanna clutter the source or its installation with it.

I do see your points. I agree having one phonesim.conf instead of creating a separate installation/configuration file for cdmaphonesim. In terms of whether having seperate cdmaphonesim plugin from phonesim, Denis and myself has discussed in the mailing list, please see:
   http://lists.ofono.org/pipermail/ofono/2010-December/006629.html
To re-cap some of the points and what we have agreed in previous discussion:
The benefit of having separate cdmaphonesim plugin is to not clutter existing GSM based phonesim plugin with a lot of if/else to cover CDMA and let CDMA evolve on its own path for a while, at least having most of the atoms supported, we can then evaluate how much commonality we have and whether it makes sense to merge cdmaphonesim.c with phonesim.c. Another benefit or point we have considered is to cause as little disruption to GSM side as possible.

Thus, I would propose followings:
a). Remove cdmaphonesim.conf and add one additional entry within phonesim.conf to support cdmaphonesim plugin. b). Keep cdmaphonesim.c and phonesim.c separated and let CDMA evolving on its own for now.

Looking forward to hearing you, Denis and other people's oppinions on this topic.

Regards

Marcel