Hi Marcel.

> is this the full API or only part of it. If it is just a part of it,
> please send the full API for the daemon. Just looking at this piece, I
> am not really thinking that this is a good API. It is actually pretty
> much broken :(

Ok, here's an updated version of the Modem Init Daemon DBus API.
I hope this is aligned with what we discussed on the IRC.

STE Modem Init Deamon Manager
================

Service com.stericsson.modeminit
Interface       com.stericsson.modeminit.Manager
Object path     /

Methods array{object,dict} GetModems()

                        Get array of STE Modem objects and their state and
                        properties (out signature 'a(oa{sv})').

                        The method should only be call once per application.
                        Further changes shall be monitored via StateChange
                        signals.

STE Modem
================
Service com.stericsson.modeminit
Interface       com.stericsson.modeminit.Modem
Object path     variable

Signals StateChange(string State)

                        The modems state sent from when
                        a modem state change occurs. State is the only
                        dynamic property in this Interface.

Properties      string State [readonly]

                        The modems state is dynamic can can have the following
                        values:
                        "booting"   Modem is powered up (flashed version)
                                    or Modem is powered up and firmware upload
                                    is completed. (flashless version)
                        "upgrading" Firmware upgrade on going
                                    or Flashing manager under execution -
                                    modem in service mode.
                        "on"     Modem has booted and is ready for use.
                                    This implies that all AT channels are
                                    available, the modem might be in
                                    e.g. flight mode.
                        "dumping"  Modem has crashed and dump is ongoing
                        "off"       Modem is powered off.

                string CaifAtInterface [readonly]

                        CAIF Link Layer interface to be used for
                        AT channels for a modem.

Regards,
Sjur