Hi,

On 13 Jan 2011, jeevaka.badrap...@elektrobit.com wrote:
>> CTM is a property of a voice call. And this makes sense as
>> TTY calls _are_ essentially voice calls, with just a bit
>> indicating to the network that the voice circuit should be
>> free of any transcoder/audioprocessing/etc that is not
>> compatible with CTM. And this is negotiated as part of
>> standard call setup (same way as supported codecs).
>
> I agree but ofono_voicecall_tty_notify is to inform the
> ME(MO originated ME) that the call is accepted as a TTY call on
> the remote side.

yup. So this is needed as it's possible that the established
voice channel is not fully CTM-compatible (either because of
network reasons, or because the called party does not have
a TTY device attached, or does not have TTY support at all). In
this case, the TTY property for the call would be FALSE (even
if a TTY was attempted).

And this is still standard procedure (applies to all GSM modems
supporting CTM).