Hi Marcel,

2011/1/18 Marcel Holtmann <mar...@holtmann.org>:
>> +     if (netreg->settings) {
>> +             g_key_file_set_boolean(netreg->settings, SETTINGS_GROUP,
>> +                                     "ForcedAuto", netreg->forced_auto);
>> +             storage_sync(netreg->imsi, SETTINGS_STORE, netreg->settings);
>> +     }
>
> why are we bothering to store this value? Would it not be better to
> re-read when bringing up the modem?

We read the value always, yes, but storing the last known value rids
us of a superfluous PropertyChanged signal in the case when last value
of forced_auto was true, and after reading is still true. This is
because forced_auto is by default set to false.

I went back and forth with this myself as well, so perhaps it's not
worth the trouble.

Cheers,
Aki