Hi Denis,

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 09:14 -0600, ext Denis Kenzior wrote:
> > does it really matter in the end? It gets read once and after that we
> > are caching it on disk anyway.
> >

> Of course it does, while SIM is initializing everything else is blocked.
>  Once we're in sim ready you can have n atoms initializing at the same
> time.  On good hardware with proper muxing that can shave tremendous
> amount of time off your startup cost.

I agree.

There is also this weird corner case when the SIM has no SPN available.
AFAIK, a failed read isn't cached, so bootstrapping that particular SIM
will incur a penalty every single time for information that isn't even
available, as opposed to the GPRS atom incurring it just once during its
lifetime.

That reminds me, I think there are SIMs out there that use the CPHS ONS
instead of SPN, and these can be used interchangeably.

Jukka, don't you actually also need the ONS?

Cheers,
Aki