Hi Aki,

On 02/01/2011 10:25 PM, Aki Niemi wrote:
The current API has 'gsm', 'umts', 'lte' and 'any'. I think you are
suggesting something like 'all-but-lte', right?
I think it would be nice if user could be able to select multiple
preferred  bands, not just only one. The use case I came up with was
this 'all-but-lte'.
Other approach could be that we would rephrase existing API so that
instead of
using "only" LTE, we would use LTE whenever available and some older
technology
when LTE coverage is lacking. So user would select "highest" allowed radio
access without restrictions to use only one technology which has been
selected.
This is what 'any' essentially is for.
You can't limit preferred bands with 'any'. I was trying to find an
alternative for polluting API by listing all the possible combinations
('gsm_umts', 'gsm_lte', 'umts_lte') in API.

However, I don't think we need this anymore as Rémi kindly pointed out
a solution earlierwhich involves dictionary with strings and booleans.

Br,
Paavo