Hi Mika,

On 03/14/2011 05:13 AM, mika.liljeb...@nokia.com wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
>> The protocol selection (IP, IPv6 or dual stack IPv4 & IPv6
>> combined) is
>> currently work in progress, but we support IP contexts already.
>
> If by "work in progress" you're referring to my IPv6 patches, the progress is
> pretty much stalled due to lack of response from you or Marcel for a couple
> of months now. Are you planning to review and/or push the patches or not? The
> next time I will send a patch, it will be to remove the work item from the
> TODO list due to lack of interest from maintainers.

I would not describe it as a lack of interest.  There were simply higher
priority items and I wanted to discuss this with Samuel first anyway.  I
have reworked your IPv6 patches and the API 'slightly' and just now
waiting on Marcel to cut a new release to push them.

>> oFono does not allow you to select the actual protocol used to talk to
>> the modem (e.g. PPP, high-speed, or some vendor specific) for gprs
>> contexts.  In fact it does not even care itself.  It is up to
>> the modem
>> driver to figure out the best protocol for that particular modem.
>
> Just FYI, PPP is a valid PDP context type, where the PPP protocol terminates
> on the network side instead of in the modem. AFAIK, this configuration is not
> widely supported by cellular operators, though.

Fair enough, that makes sense now that you mention it.

Regards,
-Denis