Hi Bertrand,

On 03/22/2011 10:17 AM, Aygon, Bertrand wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
>>> Thanks Denis for your feedback.
>>> The idea behind this code is to propose the complete support of the
>>> usual AT+CGDCONT in the emulator. I think the best solution might be to
>>> stick on contexts exposed over DBus, but this could lead to problems
>>> like : a context is delete throught the DBus interface... how to handle
>>> this change in the AT emulator, and avoid the use of the deleted context ?
>>
>> Personally I'm not convinced CGDCONT management is even a good idea.
>> The typical usecase is for DUN clients to send a CGDCONT string, but
>> this can simply be accepted and ignored (for instance).
>
> We are not looking at DUN only, but to the 'global' AT Emulator, that will be
> used during GCF/PTCRB certification.

I know exactly what you want this for.

> During certification, a lot of test require to set some GPRS context with
> specific parameters. And this cannot go 'directly' to the modem, without
> going through AP, because the test would not be relevant, or worse will
> failed, due to disconnect between oFono and modem.

And I know this as well ;)  However, I'm still not convinced.  oFono
simply works differently and you will encounter too many problems doing
it this way.  I listed some of them out already...

>> Just overwriting oFono's context store is not a good idea anyway as you
>> lose certain valuable information.  For instance whether this context is
>> used for internet (and ConnMan should pay attention to it) or it is used
>> for mms, etc.
>>
>> It is also possible for the dial up client to provide context details
>> that are identical to a context already defined in oFono.  In which case
>> those details should be used instead (for the reasons outlined in the
>> previous paragraph)
>
> So from my point of view, all context must be in sync, in oFono side and
> modem side.

The reality is doing so is pretty much a bad idea from a technical point
of view.  So sounds like you're in for some fun ;)

Regards,
-Denis