Hi Jonas & Denis,

On 07/12/12 14:58, Denis Kenzior wrote:
Hi Jonas,

On 12/07/2012 12:22 AM, Jonas Bonn wrote:
Hi Denis,

On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 23:55 -0600, Denis Kenzior wrote:
Hi Jonas,

On 12/04/2012 09:46 AM, Jonas Bonn wrote:
In offline state where CFUN=4, the Telit HE910 also powers down the SIM card so AT commands that query the SIM will fail. These failures result
in ofono not getting to POST_SIM state where it will export the GPRS
feature.

I suppose the failing of AT+CMER results in the missing of the GPRS atom.
AT+CMER fails because of the SIM being busy and in consequence the network registration atom is removed - see Ming Li Wu's problem (Telit HE910: CMER command problem).

I also tried the HE910 and had the same problem. In case a PIN is required, the following solves the problem:

In /drivers/atmodem/sim.c, at_qss_notify()
case 2:    /* PIN unlocked */
has to be changed to
case 3:    /* SIM INSERTED and READY */

After the PIN was entered, we wait until the modem states that the SIM is ready, i.e. #QSS: 3.

I haven't found a proper way to do this in case there is no PIN required.
We should only get to "post sim state" if we received #QSS: 3

Does the HE910 have a proper CFUN mode where it does not turn off the
SIM? You are making some nasty hacks because of it, and the other Telit
devices support this just fine.

No, the HE910 supports CFUN modes 0,1,4,5,7 where:
1: online
4: offline (airplane) mode with SIM powered off
0,5,7: online w/ power saving modes; SMS and phone calls are active in
these modes, but AT command handling seems to be turned off

See Telit Modules Software User Guide, 1vv0300784 rev 11, 2012-09-20,
section 3.6 (page 105) for a description of these modes.

I read the description of CFUN in that document and got lost rather quickly. The bottom line is that oFono does not use any serial signaling, so all of these DTR and RTS conditions do not apply. If the Telit modems do not support radio off with SIM on, then you need to structure the driver differently, most likely removing the 'online' method implementation would do what you want, and use only enable/disable. In theory that should work putting the modem online as soon as the sim is in the ready state.

Better yet, ask Telit to fix their firmware and document what the <rst> parameter to CFUN actually means.

Is it really unusual for a modem to deactivate the SIM in flight mode? I had a look at some mobile phones and they seem to deactivate the SIM in flight mode.

Regards,
Christopher

--
Scanned by MailScanner.