Hi Paulo,

[sorry for the late response, was on vacation]

On 03/25/2013 03:43 PM, Paulo Borges wrote:
Hi Daniel,

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Daniel Wagner <w...@monom.org
<mailto:w...@monom.org>> wrote:

    Hi Paulo,

    I have pushed all patches except patch #3. "dun_gw: Add BlueZ 5
    version" from Frédéric just added recently the definition for
    DUN_GW_UUID. Obviously, I needed to update your patches to use
    DUN_GW_UUID instead of DUN_UUID. The bluez4.c file also uses
    DUN_GW_UUID as identifier.

    Thanks a lot,
    daniel

Actually, DUN profile is "asymmetric": it doesn't have an UUID for each
role, they share the same UUID [1]. The only way to distinguish the
current role is to specify it when registering the profile with
bt_register_profile_with_role function.

Specifying the role when registering a DUN profile is important because
only GW should expose a SDP record.

[1]
https://www.bluetooth.org/Technical/AssignedNumbers/service_discovery.htm

I see. The thing I wanted to avoid is to have twice a define for the same value. In the end the way how the define is used (as you have described above) is essential.

cheers,
daniel