Hi Tony,

Actually though, I do have one question about the API being frozen.  Are
there any plans to remove the OFONO_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE pre-processor
logic in plugins.h?

Nope. The D-Bus API is frozen and we take that seriously. The internal API will likely never be.

We value the ofono project because it provides a solid, flexible
framework for providing telephony services to Linux-based devices.

Thanks for the compliment :)

As for operator examples, the apns-conf from a Galaxy Nexus (4.3?)
includes five different APNs for ATT in the US ( mcc/mnc: 310/410 );
this includes one APN for the MVNO Straightalk.  I have another newer
version of apns-conf that has only two defined for the same operator.

This is where the UI that Marcel and I described comes in. Ask the user which set he wants to use. Programming in all bazillion contexts is pretty pointless.

That said, even though the SPN is passed to the provisioning plugin, it
doesn't appear to be used in the mbpi logic, nor the original version of
the android_apndb code.

That's because MBPI doesn't have any SPN information, nor is it defined in the DTD last I checked. MBPI can / should be improved quite a bit to make provisioning more fool proof.

Regards,
-Denis