Would it be possible to merge the three patches that Jonas produced,
so at least the modem will make it through the initialization phase? I
will take a long, hard look at some point into the patchset you linked
in your other mail, and one day I might try to fix it, but being able
to avoid the previous init problems when that day comes would be really nice :)

-Clayton