On 10/25/2017 02:38 PM, Eswaran Vinothkumar (BEG/PJ-IOT-EL) wrote:
Hello,

For our next connectivity project we are planning to use Connman along with
oFono

The version being used are Connman :1.35 and oFono:1.21

After system start up, I am seeing that the oFono process gets exited, whenever
I try to enable the modem by calling the python script enable-modem in the test
directory. However, if I restart the ofono systemd service, everything works
fine.

A couple of comments here:

i)  You have connman and ofono running via systemd and you're calling
enable-modem from the test directory... I don't think this is a robust way to
go about testing things.  Try to simplify by stopping connman and ofono and
running ofono manually from the command line before calling the test script.

# systemctl stop connman
# systemctl stop ofono
# ofonod -d -n
# ...../enable-modem

ii)  When you say "everything works fine", what do you mean?  The test script
can run...?

Ya after restarting the ofono.service , I could successfully run the test
scripts

iii)  There _is_ a race in the gobi module at just the spot that you are seeing
the crash.  I have seen it many times but haven't taken the time to isolate the
issue... if I get a moment today, I might take a look at it.  I can trigger it
by calling enable-modem too early in the ofono's startup process... it occurs
maybe 1 time in 5 on my setup.

iv)  Like Christophe said, disable ofono's signal handler and enable core dumps
before running ofono.  The core dump is easier to analyze than ofono's
backtrace.

May I know is there any config option to disable the signal handler in Ofono.

/Jonas

I have attached the logs for your reference. Please let me know, if any further
log messages are required.

Modem chip. MC7455 from sierra
Linux kernel: 4.9.44-fslc+g8f876e1 (freescale)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Vinothkumar Eswaran