Hi Pavel,

On 12/29/2018 02:30 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!

   CC       drivers/rilmodem/network-registration.o
   drivers/rilmodem/network-registration.c:40:32: error: unknown option
   after ‘#pragma GCC diagnostic’ kind [-Werror=pragmas]
    #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wrestrict"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wno-format-truncation’
   [-Werror]
   cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

I commented out #pragma, and this allows compilation to
continue... until I hit same issue in
drivers/rilmodem/call-forwarding.c:41:32:

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do with these.  Marcel put in the #pragmas to
silence some warnings on GCC 8.x, but it seems GCC 6 doesn't know about
these #pragma directives and complains.

/* Test for GCC > 3.2.0 */
#if __GNUC__ > 3 || \
     (__GNUC__ == 3 && (__GNUC_MINOR__ > 2 || \
                            (__GNUC_MINOR__ == 2 && \
                                                   __GNUC_PATCHLEVEL__
                                                   > 0))
#pragma...
#endif

?

Marcel is taking care of the build system so I let him comment, but that would be fine with me. Maybe you want to send something like this to the list as a patch?

Of course the real fix is to rewrite rilmodem properly so none of this is needed...

Would it be possible to get reasonable error message when ell is not
found?

"ell not found, you need to install it, please see README file"? It
took me a while to figure out...

Sounds like a good idea.  Marcel?

Regards,
-Denis