On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Rob Myers wrote:

> I've a question about section 5 of the OGL: "Representation of
> authority to contribute".
> Surely by publishing something you are implicitly claiming that you
> have the right to do so? Does an explicit claim that you are the author
> or hold the rights simply make this clear to the would-be licensor or
> does it modify their legal position?

My reading of this is that it makes explicit that you are in the wrong
if you take someone else's Closed Content or Product Identity, reprint
it in you book, and then declare it to be Open Content. It also
makes plain that your declaration of Openness is ineffective if the
material in question wasn't yours to contribute.

Spike Y Jones