Sorry for the post and run.  Since that time I have had to get my two boys
from school and my wife from work, all sick.

Again, let me say I am very pleased to see the OGL give life to a new system
and it is obvious a lot of work went in to this.

Here is the first thing that caught my eye, the examples from Success
Levels.

>From LowDie, page 4, example.
"Whilst leaping from rooftop to rooftop Kerry’s character, Elizabeth,
achieves an Incomplete success, she manages to jump the gap successfully,
but then slips and only manages to hang on by her fingertips.  A further
Muscle test is required in order for Elizabeth to pull herself up."

>From Armageddon, page 121, on "the rule of 10" an optional Success Level
generation.
"For example, Malcom, played by Jason, is trying to leap between two
buildings. Because the buildings are so far apart, the Chronicler calls for
a Simple Strength Test to see if Malcom can push his limits (see p. [?]).
Knowing his Cast Member is almost certainly doomed, Jason rolls the bones.
He gets a 10. “Roll again,” the Chronicler says. Jason rolls a second time,
getting a 10! His total roll is a 15 so far, but he gets to roll a third
time. This time the roll is a 3—no effect. The 15, plus Malcom’s Dexterity
and Strength, gives Malcom an 18, an Excellent Success (see p. [?]). “You
leap further than you could have imagined,” the Chronicler explains. “For a
few moments, you actually feel like you are flying, and then you land well
past the building’s edge. You feel shaky and weak-kneed, and you know deep
in your heart that you may not duplicate this feat in a hundred years.”"

similar, but not the same I know.

Success Levels are the same thing in form and function as well. Only the
"names" for the levels differ. Course the names of the levels differ between
a few of the Eden games as well.

Other things were the Short Hand Attributes which are very similar in form
and function of "Buffy's" Ability scores.

LowDie's
Brains:  Brains summarises the two attributes of Intellect and Perception.
Brawn:  Brawn summarises the two attributes of Muscle and Endurance.
Confidence:  Confidence summarises the two attributes of Charisma and
Willpower
Co-ordination:  Co-ordination summarises the two attributes of Agility and
Dexterity.

Unisystem's
Muscle: Strength x2 +6
Combat: Dexerity + combat skills ave +6
Brains: Intelligence + Perception + willpower ave + mental skills ave +6

There are others.  But for the last 16 hours I have been Mommy, Nurse, and
errand boy to two sick kids and a sick wife.

By themselves, or even a couple, would not be that big of a deal. There is
nothing truly original anymore. But there is a whole feel that is too
similar.  Is this important? Yes, if you want to distance yourself in the
market.

I had no problems using some LowDie monsters (the elementals in the spells
section) in an Unisystem mock combat.

Now to be fair, the magic system, while still using the same base mechanic,
seems very different to me.

You can get a copy of Eden's WitchCraft at
http://www.edenstudios.net/witchcraft/WitchcraftCorebook.zip to make the
comparisons yourself.  You have more familiarity with your system and know
what to look for.  I'd have to print out your SRD for the same effect.

There are many places I can see where you "zigged" to Unisystem's "zag".
It's like comparing Pascal to Modula-2 if that makes an sense to anyone
anymore.

Maybe you should talk to Eden, figure out where system is better and see if
they have a project you can use it.  I heard they are doing very well this
last year and should have something.

For myself, I might try to adapt your Cyberware rules to Cinematic Unisystem
and see how they work out.  but that would be for my own use only.

Tim