On 19 Feb 2005 at 14:47, Steven Trustrum wrote:

> Personally, I doubt that either MGM or Sony has been keeping track of
> what goes on in the d20 market enough for that to have had anything to
> do with the change. More likely than not, it came down to Eden being
> able to provide more money upfront than AEG considering licensing
> agreements don't have anything to do with actual sales. All of d20
> could be tanking for all MGM and Sony cared, so long as the licensing
> fee was what they wanted.

Eden has posted several times that MGM/Sony approached them to resubmit their licensing proposal for Stargate back in August of last year.

Since most licenses last for 5 year as a standard, chances are that AEG lost the license because it was unable to meet some sort of criteria within the licensing agreement.

Now George V. did make another statement the other day (cannot remember where I saw it though), where he basically said that while Eden has a new licensed product coming in 2005, it is NOT Stargate.

However, the way that he phrased that post, he did not deny that Eden had the license now. This has made me think that it is possible that Eden does have the license, and that it will most likely release its own Stargate game in 2006.  <<--- Pure speculation on my part, nothing more

TANSTAAFL
Rasyr (Tim Dugger)
System Editor
Iron Crown Enterprises - http://www.ironcrown.com