In a message dated 3/15/2005 9:13:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<Which means that up to 95% of a d20 Covered Product need not be Open
Gaming Content.

I think that's the third content.

It could just as easily be PI.  Besides.  I've never said a collected work or compilation couldn't contain non-OGC and non-PI.  I've said the license says that those aren't part of the covered work.  That's a very different claim.  The license's definitions say that any work covered by the license is OGC except for the parts that are PI.

If you had what is nominally a stand-alone work of fiction and you attach a separate appendix and OGL just the appendix, then you have one work which is not a "covered work" (the fiction section) and another work (the appendix) which is covered by the OGL.

This is based on the verbatim statements of the license saying that any work covered by the license is OGC except for the parts that are PI.

Lee