----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Wilkinson"

" I think we'll stick with our own logo until the Open Gaming Foundation
establishes a standard or until the community of gamers selects one through
their market force."

I don't see either of those things as being likely or practical, but I could
be wrong of course.  IMO, you are better off not making "open content" a
major part of your marketing strategy because I do not think that a large
enough portion of the gaming market cares about open content or even knows
what it is.  (My target audience is gamers with children and homeschoolers,
so I am coming from a different perspective here, but I still think that you
are more likely to reach more people if you focus way more on the content
than the fact that some of it is open content).

I focus on open content because my products won't work as well if people
don't use, rewrite, and republish them, but even then I am not going to use
"open content" as a way to attract people to the products.  Mostly because
the phrase is meaningless to them, and I find that just as true for many
people who consider themselves hard core gamers.

So unless your goal is to attract people who wish to republish your work,
why focus on advertising open content?

Just my 2c

Maggie