pkmnfrk
2010-04-08 17:16:52 -0700 (Thu, 08 Apr 2010)
748
On windows, RELOAD now allocates a private heap for each document. Reasons:

1. Possible to query memory usage (preferably for debugging purposes, since it
requires walking each block on the heap)
2. Really fast FreeDocument() calls -- no need to free each block on the tree,
just free the whole heap
3. Any nodes that are created, but not attached to the tree in some way will
die with the document. This means that potentially, a pointer to the renegade
node may still exist, but this is illegal, since nodes have document affinity!
4. Sped up allocates, as ideally, the new heap will be relatively fragment-free.

I would have added a Linux implementation, but I cannot find any information if
separate heaps are even possible on this platform.
---
U   wip/reload.bas
U   wip/reload.bi