On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 07:58:04AM +1300, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
> On 16 November 2011 07:42, James Paige <b...@hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:39:25AM -0800, Adam Perry wrote:
> >>    On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM, James Paige <b...@hamsterrepublic.com>
> >>    wrote:
> >>
> >>      Was anybody using the websvn interface to the ohrrpgce repository on
> >>      gilgamesh? I only occasionally used it myself because it was nice to
> >> be
> >>      able to use the "blame" feature to figure out when a specific line was
> >>      last changed.
> >>
> >>    I use it occasionally. I don't suppose you can just disable blame?
> >

> > But that is the best feature!
> >
> > I updated my robots.txt file to tell msnbot to chill out, but it might
> > take a day or two before it re-fetches my robots.txt. After that, I will
> > re-enable websvn and hopefully it will be okay after that.
> >
> > ---
> > James
>
> Doesn't the commandline svn tool have a blame feature? It's been so
> long since I used SVN. Back when I used to, I used TortoiseSVN's blame
> feature a lot and loved the GUI.
>
> However, now that I use Git, I just read blames on the commandline.
> The difference between blame in svn and in git is that building a
> blame in svn used to take a minute, while in git it's milliseconds,
> and there's a vast collection of options for tweaking it! And I find
> the convenience of using a pager makes up for not using a GUI, so I
> haven't even bothered looking for one.

Oh! Nifty! I didn't know about the svn blame command line tool, and
I had assumed that websvn was building that output itself.

It does seem a little slow for me, but only like 3 or 4 seconds, so it
is useable (probably because I am on the same LAN as the server)

> I sometimes use websvn when I want to look at something in the games
> or tools portions of the repository when on a machine where I don't
> have those checked out.

I'll get it back online in a couple days.

---
James