On Sat, Dec 16, 2023 at 7:40 PM Ralph Versteegen via Ohrrpgce <
ohrrpgce@lists.motherhamster.org> wrote:

> That's strange... works on my machine. The error is:
>
> jni/../jni/application/ohrrpgce/tmp//filelayer.cpp:7:24: fatal error:
> fb/fb_stub.h: No such file or directory
>  #include "fb/fb_stub.h"
>                         ^
>
> And the reason for the error is that copy_source_actions() in ohrbuild.py
> isn't copying fb/fb_stub.h to android/tmp/ apparently because
> node.get_implicit_deps(), which is meant to run a sconscript builtin source
> scanner to return the list of headers isn't working. Try uncommenting the
> two lines immediately below that:
>         def scstr(x): return ",".join(str(y) for y in x)
>         print("node", str(node), "sources", scstr(node.sources),
> "headers", scstr(headers))
> It should print:
> node filelayer.cpp sources  headers
> errorlog.h,fb/fb_stub.h,filelayer.hpp,lumpfile.h,mutex.hpp,config.h,miscc.h,fb/fb_array.h,fb/fb_config.h,fb/fb_device.h,fb/fb_error.h,fb/fb_file.h,fb/fb_string.h,fb/fb_thread.h,os.h,fb/fb_blackbox_config.h

What it actually prints on the nightly build machine is:

node filelayer.cpp sources  headers

I haven't spotted why yet.

> As for .aab support... I had a look at upstream commandergenius. They seem
> to use gradle to create the .aab file, plus have a script for signing it.
> Gradle isn't used for just that. The addition of all the gradle stuff is
> new since we forked. I don't know whether you want to copy or reuse the
> upstream work, requiring gradle, or completely reimplement support some
> other way.
>
> Trying to merge our fork with upstream commandergenius with "git merge"
> isn't going to work ("Your branch and 'origin/sdl_android' have diverged,
> and have 79 and 1915 different commits each, respectively" which doesn't
> begin to describe the enormous patches and conflicts... I tried git merge
> after which on the first conflict "git status" outputs 17972 lines and "git
> diff" 10588 lines of conflicts!). Manually merging it by cherry-picking or
> applying (some of) our commits on top of upstream might be practical but is
> still tons of work. Cherry-picking their commits which add .aab support is
> clearly far less work but isn't easy either, because on top of the .aab
> signing commits (I couldn't easily figure out which commits are needed but
> "git log --grep bundle" is a good start) you'd also need all the ones for
> gradle support.

First I'll dig around and see if there is a way to just change the existing
scripts to support aab format, which might be possible, I don't know yet.
If not, I think trying to cherry-pick our commits on top of upstream sounds
like the least work, but I'll cross that bridge only if I don't find any
easier shortcuts.

I'll keep you posted if I find anything.