On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 6:07 PM Ralph Versteegen via Ohrrpgce <
ohrrpgce@lists.motherhamster.org> wrote:

> Hurrah!
> Come to think of it, we probably want to upload both as a .zip, for the
> Distribute menu, and as plain files in a subdirectory so that people can
> run it without starting a server themselves. It would be nice if there were
> some way for people to upload just an .rpg somewhere and run it with the
> web port of the engine (or even better, if they could point it at a .zip,
> but it looks like this will require a zip parser implemented in JS). But
> I'm not sure whether you would want to host that traffic.

Yes, I think at some point I'll try hosting a web-playable version
somewhere on hamsterrepublic.com (or maybe I'll finally repurpose
ohrrpgce.com to do something more interesting than a redirect)

I'll wait until we are further along and things are better tested though.
Save games will have to be resolved too. And in addition to uploading
games, it would be nice to be able to download them too (for custom) and I
don't know if anything can be done about hspeak :shrug: :D

> Is it correct that emscr.sh is called without -sb to skip rebuilding the
> image every night?

Yes, that is correct. I want to be able to make changes to the Dockerfile
without having to do manual steps on the machine that has the cron job
scheduled.