On 03/21/11 12:54 PM, Andrey Sokolov wrote:
Hi Deano,

I would like to write a program that will convert linux binaries to opensolaris binaries. The program will change dynamic relocation records. I did a little experiment: http://forum.os-solaris.ru/index.php?topic=223.0 I have converted a simple linux binary to opensolaris binary using hex editor.

    I'd like to participate in "Linux binary support without zones"
    project. Is it possible?

It seems to me like an Illumos.org project.
There are Linux branded zones and that project is stalled it might be interesting to renew it.

If it is a proposed project as a new program/application or system service
then it might be good making a project page on openindiana.org and start from there.

Does your idea could work on x86 only or it can be done for Linux binaries on SPARC, too?