Quoting Guido Berhoerster <g...@openindiana.org>:

I can't say anything about the quality of FUSE since I don't use
it but it is maintained in SFE and already available from
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/

--
Guido Berhoerster

It is, however it installs uncleanly. We're working with sfe team to fix it.
I was hoping to move it closer to distribution, so that, without adding third party repositories, it would be easily available. My ideal situation would be inclusion in the installation of distribution process, but I guess this is a far away possibility.

--
Damian Wojsław