On 03/ 3/15 04:31 PM, Jean-Pierre André wrote:
Hi Ken,

ken mays via oi-dev wrote:
Hello,

The lockdown (pkg freeze) is needed mainly on the XServer and Intel driver.
You need to maintain Intel driver's 2.6.3 or 2.9.1 for XServer 1.7.7.

I assume you mean Intel driver 2.9.1 is compatible with
current Xorg server 1.7.7, but where is it to be found ?

The latest hipster ships with 2.99.917 (not compatible
with Xorg) and older one shipped with 2.6.3 (probably
not compatible with my hardware). An intermediate
version compatible with both Xorg server and hardware
would be nice...

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Could you please also state what is your hardware, brand, model, configuration and grahics card/integrated graphics model (included in motherboard, chipset or inside cpu).

How it behaves in hipster-2014.1 and maybe booting from live 20141010 DVD/USB?

Idea of freezing X and intel driver is if you freeze it in a working state, before one updates rest of the system to hipster-2015 for testing for new bugs. (Works for me for older intel graphics, e.g. 945)

If also in hipster-2014.1 you do not have your graphics working correctly (explain how it works, does it display with low resolution/VESA or something) you can then try installing/booting from live DVDs of older Openindiana /dev and Hipster release DVDs.

If with no previous release it worked for you, see that you report a bug on it, too.
https://www.illumos.org/projects/openindiana/issues