Hung Nguyen Gia via oi-dev writes:
> Our Firefox is way too outdated. Pale Moon is the only browser working well
> on OI. I came across a page on their site but can't find it again, it
> basically stated that the packaging of Pale Moon on OI was resisted by OI
> developers. So what's wrong with Pale Moon?
>
> I know their branding issue. But we could easily overcome it by not build
> with their official branding, our browser will be named New Moon and
> everything is fine. Please let me know more about your decision. Thanks.

There was a long discussion on this mailing list in December 2019.
Please check the list archives for details.

Basically, the Pale Moon developers insist that one use private copies
of a large number of libraries.  If the system version of these libs are
used instead, the Pale Moon devs consider that a license violation.

Also, they came across as arrogant and high-handed, which was not well-
received in the OI community.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt        Consulting and Support for Solaris-based Systems
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: v...@bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"