Hi Peter,

thanks very much for letting us know, is anybody picking up this very
small fix for illumos-gate? it would be really much appreciated.

Much Regards
Klaus

On 01.02.21 23:13, Peter Tribble wrote:

    Solaris10 branded zone support in Openindiana is broken likely
    since last
    year July, because of the following undefined symbol in
    s10_brand.so.1:

November, when stack smashing protection was added to userland.

https://www.illumos.org/issues/13274

My initial fix in Tribblix, like here, was to roll back the s10_brand pieces to a previous
version. The brand code here isn't changing at all.

This is a potential fix for illumos-gate:

https://github.com/tribblix/tribblix-build/blob/master/illumos/s10-brand-ssp.patch

(I have a successful build with it, but haven't installed it yet to test it.)

    root@myserver:~# zlogin myzone
    [Connected to zone 'myzone' pts/2]
    ld.so.1: s10_brand.so.1: fatal: relocation error: file
    /.SUNWnative/usr/lib/s10_brand.so.1: symbol __stack_chk_guard:
    referenced symbol not found

    [Connection to zone 'myzone' pts/2 closed]

--
-Peter Tribble