Hello,

As I pointed out, I did not do it the way I described it.
I tried to imaging what could have worked ...

I see two possibilities for step 4:

1. copy the build.xml and modify it to use the absolute paths to your
actual OJB installation (rather then the relative ones.)  As this
involves understanding that script, this is not a good idea

2. use an IDE (or your own ant file or the like).
That is what I did.

> and modified the the targets to compile to copied
> source and invoke to generate sqls.Can you please explain
> this in little details.

Here's what I actually did:  I copied (nearly) the complete installation
tree, especially the build-scripts, and the src and target subdirectories.

Then I threw away step-by-step the non-tutorial and non-junit stuff,
i.e., the OJB sourcen themselves.  I used an IDE to compile my own
copy of the tutorial, so I did not have to modify the build.xml.

I tried for a while to separate the torque-xml stuff, which is needed
to prepare the database but I did not succeed, in particular
because I tried to use sybase, which is not perfectly supported.

In the end, I took the generated sql scripts
as a starting point and modified them according to my needs.

I am afraid I cannot give you more detailed advice.  I bet you realize
that what I did was not systematic either.

Meanwhile I have managed to integrate torque into my build-process.
Some (not self-contained) snippets from my build.xml below.
But, again, I cannot offer you something isolated that
actually works, sorry.

  <path id="torque.classpath">
    <pathelement location="${dir.lib}/${jar.torque}"/>
    <pathelement location="${dir.lib}/${jar.velocity}"/>
    <pathelement location="${dir.lib}/${jar.commons-collections}"/>
    <pathelement location="${dir.lib}/${jar.commons-lang-mod}"/>
    <pathelement location="${dir.lib}/${jar.log4j}"/>
    <pathelement location="${hsqldb.jar}"/>
    <pathelement location="${jconn.jar}"/>
  </path>

  <!-- executes an sql script against a specified database. -->
  <taskdef
    name="torque-insert-sql"
    classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueSQLExec"
    classpathref="torque.classpath">
  </taskdef>

  <!--  Create the hsqldb test database from scratch. -->
  <target name="database-create-hsqldb" depends="delete-database-hsqldb">
    <mkdir dir="${dir.testing.run}"/>
    <torque-insert-sql
      driver="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"
      url="jdbc:hsqldb:${dir.testing.run}/TESTBASE"
      userid="sa"
      password=""
      autocommit="true"
      onerror="continue"
      sqldbmap="${dir.gen_ddl}/hsqldb/sqldb.map"
      srcDir="${dir.gen_ddl}/hsqldb">

    </torque-insert-sql>
  </target>