On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 03:27:04PM +0000, David Warnock wrote:
> Ok, so I have got started with OJB. Now the next question is which api
> should I use?
>
> The "native" one ie Broker etc
>
> The ODMG one
>
> or JDO (I don't think this is a runner yet as it does not seem clear
> where I go from here to get into that).

If you need object level transactions, go for ODMG. If not, the
PersistenceBroker API is fine.
I think you could combine the two, but didn't try it out myself.
Note that ODMG internally uses the PB API, so using PB API directly
will give you some performance benefits.

Afaik JDO is not at a stage where it could be called "ready for
production".

> Thanks for all suggestions.

hth,

Jens