Hi,

I would like to use sql functions such as min and max for an SQL
query.

I used the queryFactory create ( .. sql) method. This does require a
class AND a table name specified in the from clause. Why is this so ?

I would not want to specify the table name since this is something
done via the mapping file supplied to OJB.

In addition my query
"select max(starttime) from Appointment" results in null when
launched via the  broker.getObjectByQuery( q ); interface. The query
succeeds when posted via an SQL client.

What is the correct way to do such sql functions ?

Thanks for any help,

Stefan Schlösser