On 13 Feb 2003 at 12:21, Mahler Thomas wrote:

> getCount does exist for OJB internal purposes.
I hope this does not mean it will be deleted from the interface at
some point ...

> If you want to work with resulsets instead with full entity objects use the
> reportquery mechanism.
I would very much like to know more on how the reportquery works, but
the section in the mentioned link
>  (see http://db.apache.org/ojb/query.html)
is empty.

To me it seems that the ReportQuery is just what I need since it is
based on the repository and allows freeform sql a la min/max. I do
not want to create objects based on such sql functions. They are just
needed in a general database layer, which is a role OJB in mho can
fulfill quite well.

Cheer,
 Stefan