Hi Thomas,
  Thank you for your answer. But I continue my
question. Is it possible to have this embbeded value
to   refer back the master object. For example, B (as
the Address class) is the embeded object of A (Party
class as example). But B has a field referring to A.
Is this kind of mapping possible? I konw if A and B
are mapped to 2 tables (that is 1-1 relationship),
this is easy. But is B is embeded in the table for A.
Current mapping mechanism seems not support it yet.

Regards,
Rice

--- Thomas Mahler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You have to tell OJB to use a PersistenField
> implementation supporting
> this in OJB.properties first, as it is not yet
> implemented in the
> default implementation:

PersistentFieldClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.PersistentNestedFieldMaxPerformanceImpl

(http://martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/embeddedValue.html)