Joshua,

Add jcd-alias attribute to jdbc-connection, set it equal to "default". Then if your repositlry.xml is in WEB-INF/classes, you should be able to use:

db.open("default", Database.OPEN_READ_WRITE);

-chris wroley

I am using OJB version 0.9.9. When executing the following line:

        db.open("/WEB-INF/classes/repository.xml",
Database.OPEN_READ_WRITE);

I receive the following error when attempting to open a database

        java.lang.NullPointerException
        java.lang.NullPointerException
          at
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.BrokerHelper.extractAllTokens(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.ojb.odmg.DatabaseImpl.open(Unknown Source)

I am using Tomcat, DBCP and of course OJB. I have declared a DBCP datasource in JNDI as "jdbc/myDB". I am able to successfully connect to this datasource in a jsp. I have placed the following files in my "/WEB-INF/classes" directory:

        repository.dtd
        repository.xml
        repository_database.xml
        repository_internal.xml
        repository_junit.xml
        repository_user.xml
        repository_ejb.xml
        OJB.properties

In my repository_database.xml file, I have defined the following:
   <jdbc-connection-descriptor
         platform="MsSQLServer"
         default-connection="true"
         jdbc-level="2.0"
         jndi-datasource-name="java:/comp/env/jdbc/myDB" />

In my OJB.properties file, I have tried each of the following without any
luck:

ConnectionFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPo
oledImpl

ConnectionFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryNo
tPooledImpl

ConnectionFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryMa
nagedImpl

ConnectionFactoryClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryDB
CPImpl

Because my jndi database connection is a datasource, I thought I should have
all commented out except ConnectionFactoryManagedImpl.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Joshua

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.