There are some aspects of OJB that require/encourage having two pieces of
data to represent single relationship.

1) When I have an referenceDescriptor, I have to have a fooOid, and a Foo,
both of which are two ways of referring to the same thing.
2) When I have a collectionDescriptor, I have a collection on one side, and
a fooOid on the other, and sometimes I also have the Foo.

We have repeatedly run into problems where the developer will correctly set
one of the many pieces of data, but not all of them.  This usually
manifests itself as an intermittent bug because the cached objects don't
match the objects that are loaded from the database if they're not in the
cache.

It would be really cool (IMO) if OJB had a mode that would validate this
stuff when it goes to write to the database.

What do the rest of you think?

David

This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be
confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]