Hi,

We are using Optimistic integer locking on some tables. However, we want to do the incrementing in dbms triggers. Then we can have a dbms trigger that throws an exception if the locking column has changed (ie another user has updated the row). If the column is unchanged then the trigger increments it.

This makes it simpler to have multiple tools/languages updating the dbms.

Where should I look in OJB to keep the optimistic locking checks but for OJB not to update the version column.

Thanks

Dave
--
David Warnock, Sundayta Ltd. http://www.sundayta.com
iDocSys for Document Management. VisibleResults for Fundraising.