When we do a lot of inserts at once, it seems like OJB does a lot of
"pre-querying".   I think this is for deciding whether a new object
consistutes an UPDATE or an INSERT.   For mass-loading of objects
(which we know will be new unique INSERTS). Is there anything we could do
to optimize the process?  Prevent it from pre-querying?

Will proxies help by quickening the queries?

Any pointers welcome.

yuji
----
Yuji Shinozaki                          Computer Systems Senior Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       Advanced Technologies Group
(804)924-7171                           Information Technology & Communication
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ys2n    University of Virginia