Mail list archive seems not to be working properly, otherwise I'd point
you to previous postings....

1. Use query.setStartAtIndex() and setEndAtIndex() to specify which
records you actually want to retrieve in the query.

2. Implement the functionality that translates these parameters into
something your database can understand by providing your own
SqlGenerator class and pointing to it OJB.properties.

For example, I did it like this for PostgreSQL:

My OJB.properties entry is:

SqlGeneratorClass=PostgreSqlStatementGenerator

My subclass code is:

import org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.sql.SqlGeneratorDefaultImpl;
import org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.ClassDescriptor;
import org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.Platform;
import org.apache.ojb.broker.query.Query;

public class PostgreSqlStatementGenerator extends
SqlGeneratorDefaultImpl {

    public SqlStatementGenerator(Platform pf) {
        super(pf);
    }

    public String getPreparedSelectStatement(
        Query query,
        ClassDescriptor cld) {
        String result = super.getPreparedSelectStatement(query, cld);
        return addOffsetLimit(query, result);
    }

    public String getSelectStatementDep(Query query, ClassDescriptor
cld) {
        String result = super.getSelectStatementDep(query, cld);
        return addOffsetLimit(query, result);
    }

    private String addOffsetLimit(Query q, String stmt) {
        int startIndex = q.getStartAtIndex();
        int endIndex = q.getEndAtIndex();
        if (endIndex > 0) {
            if (startIndex < 0 || startIndex >= endIndex) {
                startIndex = 0;
            }
            stmt += " LIMIT " + (endIndex - startIndex);
        }
        if (startIndex > 0) {
            stmt += " OFFSET " + startIndex;
        }