From: Jacob Hookom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 11:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PersistenceBroker State Question

Pertaining to caching and speed of the PersistenceBroker, am I on the right
track for structuring calls like so:

// Method OjbUserDao.insertUser()
public void insertUser(User user) throws Exception
{
        // calls PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker()
        PersistenceBroker broker =
OjbDaoFactory.getInstance().createBroker();
        try
        {
                broker.beginTransaction();
                broker.store(user, ObjectModificationDefaultImpl.INSERT);
                broker.commitTransaction();
        }
        finally
        {
                        broker.close();

Does the cache in general get flushed when I call broker.close()? I'm just
using the Broker in Single-VM mode.

Regards,
Jacob Hookom
Student, University of Wisconsin