Well, that kind of works.  That is, it works great, unless you have
bidirectional references that you want refreshed, in which case you get a
Stack Overflow....

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Ron Gallagher   |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           uth.net>        |
|         |                           |
|         |           04/02/2003 11:48|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "OJB Users   |
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                         |
  |        cc:
                                                              |
  |        Subject: RE: Default Cache -  bug?  design catostrophe?  user error?

David --

It's not used by the cache.  It's used by the PersistenceBroker when it
retrieves an object.  If the 'target' object is found in the cache, then
any reference/collection descriptors that are marked with refresh="true"
are re-populated before the 'target' is returned to the caller.

Ron Gallagher
Atlanta, GA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]