Thx Jakob,

I've changed the IndirectionHandler class in the release 2 as you
recomended:
public Object invoke(Object proxy, Method method, Object[] args)
   {
       Object subject = null;
       try
       {
           subject = getRealSubject();
                     // handle toString differently for non-materialized
proxies
           // to avoid materialization due to logging.
           if (subject == null)
           {
               if (method.getName() == "toString")
               {
                  return "unmaterialized proxy for " + getIdentity();
               }
               else
               {
                   return null;
           else
           {
               Method m = subject.getClass().getMethod(method.getName(),
method.getParameterTypes());
               return m.invoke(subject, args);
       catch (Exception e)
       {
           log.error("Method invoking failed for method
*"+method.getName()+"* on object "+subject, e);
           throw new PersistenceBrokerException("Error
invoking:"+method.getName(),e);

The following are entries in my descriptors files:

<class-descriptor
    class = "A"
 proxy="dynamic"
 table = "A">
    <field-descriptor id = "1"
  name = "shipmentOid"
  column = "SHIPMENT_OID"
  jdbc-type ="INTEGER"
  primarykey = "true"
    />
    <field-descriptor id = "2"
  name = "countryCode"
  column = "REF_COUNTRY_CD"
  jdbc-type ="VARCHAR"
  primarykey = "true"
    />

    <reference-descriptor
  name="ABRef"
  class-ref="B">
  <foreignkey field-ref="shipmentOid"/>
  <foreignkey field-ref="countryCode"/>
    </reference-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>

<class-descriptor
    class = "B"
 proxy="dynamic"
 table = "B">
    <field-descriptor id = "1"
  name = "shipmentOidPiece"
  column = "SHIPMENT_OID"
  jdbc-type ="INTEGER"
  primarykey = "true"
    />
    <field-descriptor id = "2"
  name = "typeFlg"
  column = "TYPE_FLG"
  jdbc-type ="VARCHAR"
  primarykey = "true"
    />
    <reference-descriptor
  name="counterRef"
  class-ref="A">
  <foreignkey field-ref="shipmentOidPiece"/>
  <foreignkey field-ref="typeFlg"/>
    </reference-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>

I still get this error:
[DEFAULT] WARN: OJB broker could not materialize
com.fedex.data.CorePieceCounterImpl{188119,JP}
submit flag: null
[DEFAULT] WARN: OJB broker could not materialize
com.fedex.data.CorePieceCounterImpl{188119,JP}
Type flag: null
[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl] INFO:
Destroy object was called, try to close connection:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any help on this is appreciated. Thx

regards,

Janet