Hi,

there is no difference in intern handling between
>    PersistenceBroker broker =
> PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();
and
>    PersistenceBroker broker =
> PersistenceBrokerFactory.createPersistenceBroker(PBKey key)
First method is a convenience method for the second one. If
attribute default-connection="true" set in jdbc-connection-descriptor
(with valid user/password) OJB build an intern PBKey used to
fulfil first method call.

Second method is recommended when:
- using more than on database/database user
- you don't want to declare user/passwd in repository file
If you only user one database and don't have a problem to declare
user/passwd in repository file, then there is no reason to use
convenience method.

> > :) OJB turorial is not a best source for real applications .
Currently Brain McCallister is refactoring the tuturial stuff to
make things clearer.

> PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();
>
> I ran into some threading issues when using it, after I switched to:
>    PersistenceBroker broker =
> PersistenceBrokerFactory.createPersistenceBroker(PBKey key)
>
> These problems went away, see an earlier thread "Threadsafety of the
> PersistenceBroker default impl"
>

> sg
SP2