Hello,

whoops, that was a copying error, the classes are named different, I
just added a second class-descriptor to make the example clearer.

What I meant: PRODUCTION.USER and TEST.USER
I want to switch the PRODUCTION to TEST and vice versa during
runtime.
Here is the correct XML:

<class-descriptor class="User" table="PRODUCTION.USER">
</class-descriptor>
<class-descriptor class="Order" table="PRODUCTION.ORDER">
</class-descriptor>

and the second XML is

<class-descriptor class="User" table="TEST.USER">
</class-descriptor>
<class-descriptor class="Order" table="TEST.ORDER">
</class-descriptor>

Lasse

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           de              |
|         |                           |
|         |           16.09.03 16:48  |
|         |           Bitte antworten |
|         |           an "OJB Users   |
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        An:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                      |
  |        Kopie:
                                           |
  |        Thema:   RE: Using different Qualifiers in DB2

Hello Lasse,

                           ^^^^
I suppose you mean 'Order' here?

> </class-descriptor>
>
> and
>
> <class-descriptor class="User" table="TEST.USER">
> </class-descriptor>
> <class-descriptor class="User" table="TEST.ORDER">
                           ^^^^
ditto.

> </class-descriptor>

> - The qualifier depends on what the user has choosen at the login
of
> our application
> -  It's a webbased application
>
> Is there a way I can set the qualifier at runtime in order to
switch
> between them?

Something like (untested)

mdm = org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataManager.getInstance();
dr = mdm.getDescriptorRepository();
cld = dr.getDescriptorFor(User.class);
cld.setTableName("TEST.USER");

might work.  Given that in your application several users access the
database with different qualifiers, you may have to switch back and
forth and care abot multithreading.  I do not know what happens then,
maybe someone else can help.

Olli