Hinnerk,

I think this is a problem with the XML parser rather than the web container. I have
had similar problems with different versions of Tomcat.

I think it's down to the parser not being able to interpret spaces in the file path of
the repository.dtd, repository_database.xml, repository_internal.xml,
repository_user.xml files etc.

I resolved the problem by changing to DOCTYPE tag to:

 <!DOCTYPE descriptor-repository PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD OJB Repository//EN"
       "repository.dtd>

and copying and pasting the contents of the entity files into the repository.xml file,
i.e. the repository.xml file contains repository_database.xml,
repository_internal.xml, repository_user.xml etc.

I notice that OJB 1.0.rc4 has a slightly different DOCTYPE tag to rc3, it is similar
to above so repository.dtd problem might have been resolved but I think you'll still
have problems with the entity files.

Hope this helps,

Joss