hi joerg,

well this works as designed.
if the class in non proxied the select immediately materializes the fetched rows.
if the class is proxied only the identities are built and wrapped by a proxy. the first time you access a method of the proxy it materializes the real object resulting in a select with primary keys.
in your case the first sql is to select the primary keys (ojb always select all rows not pk only) and the other 95 are for materialization.

hth
jakob

Joerg Lensing wrote:

Hi All,
I compared the p6Spy-statements of proxied and non-proxied classes. The class (userPO)
is 1) dynamic proxy and
2) no proxy

I queried this class directly  (s.b)
       Query query = new QueryByCriteria(UserPO.class, null);
       Collection result = broker.getCollectionByQuery(query);

The "dynamic proxy" produces 96 select-statements - the non-proxy only ONE!
Can someone explain me this? (see zip-File for the sql.log)

tx joerg