Hi Sven,

You may wish to look into using "ant" as your build tool.  In our office, we use it to
perform large numbers of variable replacements.  For example, my database
configuration is different in my development environment as opposed to my production
environment.  Since the correct build.properties file is in my home directory on both
systems, it runs the build with the variables appropriate for the correct location.

Go to "http://ant.apache.org"; to check it out.  In particular, you want to look at the
"filter" and "filterset" elements to be included in your build.xml file.  Take a look
at the following pages from the manual:
  http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/filter.html
  http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/filterset.html

Best of luck!  Ant will make your life so much easier...

Justis Peters
Oculan Corp.
www.oculan.com