Hello,

I would like to re-open this discussion that has
frequently been addressed, even in ongoing threads.

I assume that every OJB user who ships his software
to his customers will want to have a stable version
of OJB but still need bugfixes from time to time.

If we do not branch a maintenance version, we will
never reach such stability.  Consequently, each user
will probably have to maintain his private version
of OJB.

I believe that the overall time spent this way is
pretty high.  Even if only 5 or 6 users cooperate, they
can maintain a CVS branch or module and save time
this way.

Thomas has already made clear that he does not have
enough time to manage a maintenance branch, but maybe
we can find a few people who volunteer for that job.
Maybe it is possible to have allow them CVS commit only
for the maintenance subproject?

Reasding the other postings, I understand that there is
consensus that version 1.0.0 is a canonical or
even self-evident point to create such a branch.

I propose to create that branch (or extra modul) asap
and then develop versions 1.0.x there.

I offer to help maintain that branch or module.

Olli

--
  Oliver Matz
  ppi Media GmbH