On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:29:10 +1300, Shane Mingins wrote:

> Have u added the certificate to the customer?  Could not see that from code
> posted.

No, I want to model a 1:n relation that is navigatable in both directions.
so the foreign key is inserted in the Constructor of Certificate:

new Certificate(..., "customer");

This works fine for the creation of the foreign key field in the reference
of Certificate

But You're right, changing the code to

customer.addCertificate(new Certificate(..., "customer"));

works...

I dropped this approach because I thought the Certificate Object would be
added twice this way ... (It is, somehow, because the foreign key already
exists).
OK, now I hope I know ho to do this. I assume the behaviour is related to
Caching? Because in some other Thread I think Thomas Mahler said, every
Query would be executed on the Database. So I thought the results should
be the same, no matter if written some Minutes before or immediately after
tx.commit().

Perhaps You could help me understand this behaviour?

Thanks a lot,

-Gunnar