Hi,
I'm using OJB with struts to access an hsqldb database, running in embedded
mode.
With embedded mode is that one one connection can be established to the
database at a time.
I've got the database working fine, but.....

The problem is that if i stop the application in tomcat, and then start it
again it throws an exception saying the database is already in use.
Stopping tomcat completely and starting it again works, but is very time
consuming when compared to stopping/starting the application.

I'm using a sturts plugin to connect to the database as follows:

odmg = OJB.getInstance();
db = odmg.newDatabase();
try {
    db.open("default", Database.OPEN_READ_WRITE);
} catch (Exception ex) {
    ex.printStackTrace();
}

It then hands out references to odmg so that various data services can get
at the data.

This is working fine.

The plugin closes the database when in it's destroy method is called as
follows:

try {
    db.close();
    System.out.println("closing complete");
} catch (Exception ex) {
    System.out.println("*** ERROR: db.close causes error ***");
    ex.printStackTrace();
}

This seems to execute properly as "closing complete" is printed in the
stdout file.

Is there somthing more i need to do to close the database???

Thanks,

Daniel.